The poisonous “bark” or “crevice” scorpions are pale and small, making them difficult to see. They are common throughout many habitats but almost always in rocky areas and are very able climbers. While most scorpion species are solitary in nature, the Bark Scorpion is an exception. They can congregate between 20 to 30, which make them even more menacing. The venom of the Bark Scorpion may produce severe pain (but rarely swelling) at the site of the sting, numbness, frothing at the mouth, difficulties in breathing (including respiratory paralysis), muscle twitching, and convulsions. Death is rare, especially in more recent times. Antivenom is available for severe cases. Certain people, however, may be allergic to the venom and can experience life-threatening side effects when stung (as occurs with bee stings).
Due to the potentially dangerous nature of these creatures, Scorpion Control is best left in the hands of the professionals.